Peco Swing Check valves are manufactured to API Std. 6D and BS 1868, and tested to API Std. 598 & API 6D. PECO is a premier exporter of swing check valves to many global countries.
Swing check valves are used to prevent flow reversal in piping systems. They are suitable for service in horizontal or vertical (flow up through valve only) piping tuns. Swing check valves have low pressure drop and are best suited for moderate velocity applications.
PECO Valves is a top manufacturer, supplier and exporter of Swing Check Valves from India. A swing check valve or tilting disc check valve is check valve in which the disc, the movable part to block the flow, swings on a hinge either onto the seat to block reverse flow or off the seat to allow forward flow. PECO swing check valves are made from high quality material ensuring the highest precision.
Its spherical form of large radius allows for the stresses, turbulence and resistance to flow to be kept to a minimum.
Body-Bonnet Joints of check valves are machined as follows:
On 150, 300 & 600 classes; male and female.
On 900 and 1500 classes: RTJ
Seat ring are manufactured in two different ways, depending on the class and type of valves:
- Screwed seat rings, bottom seated type lapped on both side.
They are dry assembled, with a controlled torque setting to t body.
- Welded-in seat rings, designed in order to prevent any turbulence and avoid damages due to corrosion
Both are forged or rolled in one piece, for all dimensions. They are heat treated to obtain the requested surface hardness, and are perfectly cleaned before assembling.
INSERT SEAT RINGS
These rings are manufactured with teflon or viton inserts, depending on fluid and service conditions.
They provide an elastometer primary seal. combined with a fire sale metal to-metal secondary seal, for temperatures from – 100oC (-144oF) to 204.4oC (400oF)
Where maintenance is a potential problem the viton insert is in the form of a toroidal ring so that it can easily be removed.
Our standard production covers valves with :
Flanged ends (RF) that conforms to ASME B 16.5 and Face to Face dimensions that conforms to ASME B 16.10, with a raised face serrated finish or on request with any other finish.
Butt-welding ends (BW) with end to end dimensions that conform to ASME B 16.10.
Customer must specify the type of schedule required, or class of pipe, or diameter and bore.
Ring-joint flanged ends (RTJ) that conform to ASME B16.5, with end to end dimensions as per ASME B16.10
Other special end connections are supplied to customers’ special requirements.
- Outside lever and weight on request swing check valves can be furnished with an outside lever and weight. In balancing the disc the valve will open with a minimum of pressure.
- When the disc is weighed the valve will be very sensitive to a reversal of flow.
- Dashpot feature in case of intermittent use or in presence of thrusts, dashpot feature is highly recommended. In such instance the dashpot feature gradually causes the opening and closing of disc preventing therefore dangerous shocks.
- Check valves with pneumatic safety control. This is in the form of a simple pneumatic piston. In normal conditions of use, it pushes up the lever, thereby moving a special cam that allows the disc to move. Should there be no air in the cylinder, the spring allows the lever, and hence the disc to descend, thereby assuring that it encloses before any inversion of flow.